Narrative Strategist. Creative Tactician. Story Architect. Change Agent.
I am a creative, strategist, and communications specialist dedicated to growing inclusive movements for racial justice, economic transformation, and an ecological future. In this moment of urgent resistance to an agenda of racism, repression, and catastrophic climate change, I work with grassroots movements to generate creative communications strategies that inspire, reframe, mobilize, and transform.
I am a co-founder of the Center for Story-based Strategy (storybasedstrategy.org), co-creator of the story-based strategy methodology, and co-author of Re:Imagining Change – How to Use Story-based Strategy to Win Campaigns, Build Movements and Change the World (PM Press, 2017). I bring a narrative power analysis to communications strategy, and a perspective grounded in over 15 years of experience in grassroots social movements.
Breakthrough Ideas. Hands on Support .
I have served as a facilitator, trainer, message creator, brand builder, strategy architect and direct action designer for organizations of all sizes and across multiple movements for 15 years. Since launching my consulting practice in 2013, my clients have included:
I have been a featured speaker at major national conferences like Netroots Nation, Bioneers and Facing Race. I am a contributor to the 2012 anthology Beautiful Trouble and have served as a source for stories on memes and social movements for journalists at publications like Waging Nonviolence and Colorlines. My writing has appeared in publications like Organizing Upgrade, Left Turn, TheOutsider.com and Yes! Magazine.
In my spare time I am pursing a J.D. at the University of Oregon School of Law as a fellow at the Wayne Morse Center for Law and Politics. I am also writing about climate change litigation as a research assistant at the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Center.
I support my clients with:
- Branding - renaming, organizational narrative, positioning
- Campaign strategy - soup to nuts
- Communications consulting - strategy, planning and coaching for integrated communications campaigns
- Development strategy & fundraising - grants, donor campaigns, events
- Direct action design - concepting framing actions and attention-grabbing spectacles
- Facilitation - supporting strategic conversations for convenings, coalitions, and emerging tables
- Framing and messaging - generating core concepts, key language and images
- Narrative strategy and storytelling - narrative power analysis and story-based strategy
- Reports and publications - titling, writing, positioning and launch strategy
- Training, and train the trainers - many topics...try me!
Doyle is now booking consulting engagements and contract work for 2017.
Contact me about your problem, project or concept! I am willing to work in creative ways to support breakthrough ideas and alliances...Let's talk.